Special Response Team Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Xi Holopad answers

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official Xi Holopad answers Empty Official Xi Holopad answers

Post by Event Status Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Before starting, you have to find 3 torn letter pieces. The 3 are found: next to Stapler the robot / laying next to the plants to the left of the screen over the big door / on the left corner in the path to the What's New screen.

Initiation (fragment piece #1):

After finding the 3 pieces, you must use the Online Gateway on the 2nd floor and access the AlphaAFK website. Just solve the simple puzzle (doesn't matter if you get anything wrong, you'll ultimately land on the right answer) and you'll get the code 17PARIS. Go back downstairs to the HoloPAD and input the code and you've unlocked the first fragment piece.

Nymphalis Californica (butterfly #1)

Once you've unlocked the first fragment, you'll be told about Stapler the broken robot. Go and talk to Stapler. It'll start spamming a bunch of nonsense and eventually give you the Getting to know me mission (if you'd wanna call it that. lol). He tells you to go over to the What's New screen and clap in front of it. Go over and do it. It'll ask you "What's Jess' favorite band?" and under it "(Miguel might know!)" I never figured out how to find the answer, as someone ran by and spammed it. lol In any case, the answer is AUTOMATIC, so inputting the code will unlock your first butterfly.

As far as I know, these are the only missions available at the moment, with new ones on the way. I'll try keeping this updated as much as possible, so anyone who finds out anything new and wishes to share it, feel free to do so.

Last edited by Event Status on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Official Xi Holopad answers Empty Re: Official Xi Holopad answers

Post by Event Status Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am

Speyeria Diana (Butterfly #2)

- Talk to Stapler and select "A foreign language"
- Go to Jess247.com and Log In
- Go to the Documents folder and open 010101.txt
- There is a lengthy code here, and to find out what it meant I just Googled it. Each set of five characters (for example, V) represents a letter in the alphabet. Type a set of five into Google and it changes the code into the respective letter.
- Typing in the whole code gives you the answer: VANESSAATALANTA
- Input that code (VANESSAATALANTA) into the HoloPAD and you'll unlock the second butterfly.

Answers to the pictures:

- Go to BigBenUK.com
- 1st picture is Arc De Triomphe
- 2nd picture is Taj Mahal
- 3rd picture is Hollywood
- 4th picture is Sphinx
- Password for the Holopad is MAGNUSMAGNUS
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Status Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:33 pm

Hexopolis (fragment piece #3):

Enter Alpha Zone 1 in the Hub, it's the portal with the big red 1 on it. Upon entering, you'll be in the Game Test Area, where you can enter either the Hexopolis, the Maximum-Tilt room or the Adventure Lobby. Enter the Hexopolis and complete the 6 mini-games found around the area in under 6 minutes for the piece. Here's some advice for the 6 games, in the order of which I did them:

Rejected: Simple enough, just catch the cows by going under them as they fall, no problem.

Sushatsu: A "massage" game where you slap people's backs. I found alternating by tapping the two buttons using both index fingers the fastest, although some people say it's fast by just hitting both buttons continuously at the same time. The most time consuming game of the bunch.

Point Of Sale: If anyone ever played the game Yoshinoya on the PS2, you'll be familiar with this game. Just go to the left and hit the corresponding button of the game genre each customer wants, try to hand off to the first customer who asks before they leave or in the case of 3 asking almost at the same time, start with the closest one.

Zombie Mall: Collect bags while avoiding zombies. This one can be a little time consuming, as it sometimes places bags in unavoidable spots(if you're trying to rush). Just keep a constant movement and try not to let the zombies bunch up along the edges.

Pollen: Easiest/fastest game to beat, just move the bee onto the red flower, slowing down when you reach the center. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Angry Mountain: Run back and forth collecting babies while avoiding lava rocks. It can be a tad difficult seeing where the rocks will land but just keep your eyes on the volcano to get an idea of where they'll be landing. You just have to alternate going left and right.

After finishing the 6 games, run back towards the entrance and go through the right hall, where the Hexopolis Game Data screen is to finish and receive the fragment.
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Status Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 pm

Maximum-Tilt (fragment piece #4):

At the time of writing this, this area is NOT accessible to the general public but can be accessed via other means. From the Game Test area, go through the right door to enter the Maximum-Tilt room. Your goal here is to ride a hoverbike in a virtual setting, while earning points as you go along without crashing into trees. 25000 points is required for the fragment. The best method to go about this is to follow the helicopter and trying to keep it centered above you at all times, just dodging trees in the process. I find tilting the control vertically (where your left would be over your right hand with the controller in between and vice versa) gets the best results in terms of control. People who've played Flower will have no problems here. Just score 25k for this piece.

Caverns of the Bandit King (fragment piece #5):

At the time of writing this, this area is NOT accessible to the general public but can be accessed via other means. From the Game Test area, go through the left door to enter the Adventure Lobby. Here, you must play an old-school, text based RPG called Caverns of the Bandit King. A lot of people have seemed to not have the patience to this part, although it actually quite easy and a bit entertaining if you take the time to read everything. Nevertheless, as to save many of you the work and/or hassle of having to read and go through trial and error, here's my Caverns of the Bandit King (slightly spoiler-free) speed walkthrough:

1.Go east

2.Go South then select talk option

3.Talk to axbridge town guard you should gain the lantern Now

4.Go north Twice and then go East

5.Click on Use option and use lantern

6.Go north and then talk to the crazy old man

7.you should now have the sleeping potion

8.Go south 3 times and you will face a dragon

9.Go to use and use the sleeping Potion on the dragon

10.Go east twice

11. Use the pick up option and pick up the key although they will get took off you

12.Talk to the bandit so you get put in jail

13.Pick up the stick

14.Talk to the peasant and get the triangular stone from him

15.Use stick to get the keys

16.Then use the metal jail key to break free

17.Go west

18.Go north Pick up the gold coins

19.Go north and then talk to the water sprite and you should get a circular stone key

20.Go north again and pick the deeds bracelet and ring up

21.Go north again Then pick up brass key

22.Go South twice Then Go east Once

23.Talk to the angry hobgoblins

24.Now go east again

25.Go south then go east

26.Now in pantry pick all 3 items up

27.Go west once then north

28.Go east once then north

29.Pick up the scimitar and then Talk to the attractive girl

30.Use your brass key and she will be set free and you get the 3rd stone

31.Now go south and use scimitar on King bandit and 3 holes will appear

32.Use the triangular circular and square shaped stone keys for these holes

33.Now go east and talk to the Large Dragon and he will be kind to you

34.keep pressing X till you are back at the cave entrance

35.Go south twice and talk to the town guard again and a gate should open

36.Go south and keep pressing X

The end. You'll be rewarded with the 5th fragment piece. I completely disregarded areas and items that are NOT essential towards completion.

Last edited by Event Status on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Status Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Stapler Expedition 3
Stapler say we're supposed to work together on this one guys so here's what I have from Jess's video so far

1. Behind her head the billboard you've heard about in the background with www.XiJESS.com and a number "5" behind her shoulder

2. The crammed in info in the final frames of the video are www.videogamer.com (view the video there called Jess Date)

3. www.meristation.com

4. A schematic (possibly a road map) of colored lines with the intersection of two of those line circled.

5. A landmark or building (pardon my ignorance but I have no clue what it is) with GLEIS 20 at the top of the screen

6. Viale Cassala

7. 41.891392, 12.515689

8. and finally I have the global coordinates of 41 degrees 21'59.31"N 2 degrees 08'15.76"E

Here's the video: