Special Response Team Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spawn back on TV!

Go down

Spawn back on TV! Empty Spawn back on TV!

Post by Event Status Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks to my Dad, I got hooked on the animated HBO series for SPAWN when I was 13. It must be my lucky day because Todd McFarlane says it's coming back.

This news comes via the ever popular place for dropping news, Twitter. McFarlane said this on his account, "ANIMATION: For those that've asked, the SPAWN ANIMATED show will be back in Hollywood's face in 2010. Legal issues delayed it past few years." It's too early to know if HBO will air the series again, but if we're lucky they will.

I thought after the movie came out in 1997 that it would kill anything for the series, but it didn't. I was definitely disappointed with the movie though. It was just watered down so much it was ridiculous. Perhaps I expected too much, but seriously?! Was it too hard to ask for a decent adaptation? No. I just think it got handed to the wrong people. With McFarlane working on a second SPAWN movie, he will have more say this time about how everything pans out.

All I know is I've missed SPAWN. I also knew a lot of you were fans of the tortured character, so hopefully this makes your day. The series was exceptional and it deserves to be back on.

http://www.joblo.com/spawn-back-to-tv
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down