Special Response Team Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activision's Bobby Kotick: I'd Raise Game Prices Even More

Go down

Activision's Bobby Kotick: I'd Raise Game Prices Even More Empty Activision's Bobby Kotick: I'd Raise Game Prices Even More

Post by Event Status Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Activision raised a lot of eyebrows last month with the revelation that Modern Warfare 2 will cost £55, but it's not enough for the company's CEO, Bobby Kotick. He wants all your money.

In Activision Blizzard's investor relations conference call, ActiBliz's bigwigs were asked by analyst Tony Gikas about their 'comfort level' regarding some of their more expensive games, with a nod to those that include expensive peripherals. The company's president and CEO of publishing, Michael Griffith, was diplomatic, noting "very strong retailer acceptance and support for all parts of our plan, including ... our price points".

Bobby, however, is not one to mince words. "And Tony, you know if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further."

Apparently the £99.99 retailers are listing for Tony Hawk Ride and the $149 you'll pay for the 'prestige' release of Modern Warfare 2 (there's no solid UK price yet) aren't enough.

Sometimes, we're surprised Kotick can even see, with all those dollar signs in his eyes...

http://news.spong.com/article/18838/Activisions-Kotick-Id-Raise-Game-Prices-Even-More
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down