Special Response Team Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GT5 Delayed till 2010

3 posters

Go down

GT5 Delayed till 2010 Empty GT5 Delayed till 2010

Post by Event Status Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:17 pm

GT5 Delayed till 2010 Gt5p

At this year's E3, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Kazunori Yamauchi, the founder of Polyphony Digital and creative mastermind behind the studio's Gran Turismo franchise. The focus of the show for Polyphony was the full rollout of GT TV, the "television" channel built into Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Besides finding out about this portion of the game, I was also able to find out the status of the damage patch for Prologue as well as the current progress of Gran Turismo 5.

IGN: So to start off, can you give us an overview of GT TV?

Kazunori Yamauchi: GT TV actually came from a personal wish of mine to have programs that you could watch anywhere, anytime, because when I go home from work, I turn on the TV and look for car programs on cable and satellite, and they're not always easy to find. So that's why I wanted to provide a service where you could have automotive and autosports programs 24 hours a day, anywhere, anytime. We're starting off with Japanese programs and the BBC's Top Gear, and that's where this all started.

IGN: I noticed in some of the shots from the trailer that you're personally featured in some of the spots. How much involvement did you have with the production of some of the specials?

Kazunori Yamauchi: One thing that I want to make clear is that Gran Turismo TV is not a video distribution service - that's not just what it is. We're producing our own programs to spread more information about cars and the automotive world.

So to answer your question, with Gran Turismo TV we're going to be gathering interesting automotive events and news from all over the world, and these are going to be put into our original programs. We have a staff of about 30 people at Polyphony Digital who are dedicated to creating programs for Gran Turismo TV, and I produce all of this, so you could say I'm 100% involved in all of these programs.

IGN: How much of the content is geared towards the hardcore fans versus the more casual racing fan?

Kazunori Yamauchi: For example, we have BBC's Top Gear, which is more of a casual show. It's for anyone from kids to adults. And then we have D1 Grand Prix and the Super GT which are more for core fans of motorsports and cars. There's no real setting of a ratio between the two, we just want to balance it out so that everyone has something to enjoy.

IGN: I'm an especially huge Ferrari fan, and I noticed that you're going to have a behind-the-scenes look at the production of Ferraris. Do you have a segment in there where you actually show off their test track?

Kazunori Yamauchi: We went into the Ferrari factory with high-definition cameras, which is the first time that's ever been done. And that's also true for the Fiorano Circuit, Ferrari's test course. It's the first time in history that anyone has ever brought a high-definition camera to take footage of the track.

IGN: Are there any plans to have this content transferrable to the PSP so that you can watch it on the go?

Kazunori Yamauchi: We definitely want to do that in the future.

IGN: Earlier this year, you mentioned that Polyphony was working on a patch for GT5 Prologue that would add damage modeling to the game later this year. Is that still happening?

Kazunori Yamauchi: Our plans haven't changed, and we're working on it. But this is Gran Turismo, so it might be a little bit late. [laughs all around]

IGN: Lastly, what's the status on the full Gran Turismo 5? Where are you at in production?

Kazunori Yamauchi: Of course after this next update, we're going to have another update later on in the year. There's no plans in the works for GT5 yet - that might be 2009, or it might be 2010... But we're totally focused on getting the updates through for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and that's all we're focused on.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/891/891903p1.html
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

GT5 Delayed till 2010 Empty Re: GT5 Delayed till 2010

Post by thecrazyboy7 Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:50 pm

dang that really sux man
thecrazyboy7
thecrazyboy7
General Of The SRT
General Of The SRT

Number of posts : 1328

http://srthideout.spruz.net/thecrazyboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by coltsfreak21 Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Wow I was counting on this game.
coltsfreak21
coltsfreak21
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-01-16

https://srthideout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Status Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:00 pm

coltsfreak21 wrote:Wow I was counting on this game.

Same here, I've been getting my trophies up do to Home coming out. And the only things that have been updated are GT TV and the news section. There was a breif update for the game though.
Event Status
Event Status
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down